Well it has been a long time since I have had such an abundance of reading material. A book which I finished recently is "Outliers" by Malcolm Gladwell who is from Elmira, Ontario. This is a very good read about people who have done exceptional things and some of the possible reasons behind their success.
Some Leadership style books for Church leaders ( I am not sure whether they are good or very good at this point) but I have tried to find relevant links for each author:
Can We Do That?, Andy Stanley and Ed Young. (from my Pastor's collection)
the multi-site church revolution, geoff surratt, greg ligon, warren bird.
The Great Evangelical Disaster, Francis A. Schaffer (Bought at the Thrift Store in Listowel, ON.)
Personal interest:
Praying Like Jesus, James Mulholland. I am always interested in writings on the Lord's Prayer. So far this is one of the best!! Not a lot of info at first search. He puts forward some very challenging thinking about our praying in the prosperous society of these days.
Learning to Bow, Bruce Feiler. I have read the following books by this writer: Walking the Bible, Abraham, and Where God Was Born. He has a very engaging style and I enjoyed these very much.
Summer could be very busy so I am not sure when these will get read!
No comments:
Post a Comment